Based in the Sydney CBD, we are currently seeking an experienced Public Relations Account Manager / Senior Account Manager. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a communications practitioner with a minimum four years’ experience who is looking to build on their experience and specialise in corporate and financial services PR.
Honner account managers are the lynchpin of our account teams – driving creative ideation and overseeing the implementation of a portfolio of retainer and project-based relationships.
You will be an energetic, results oriented practitioner looking to take your career to the next level. Tertiary qualifications in communications or business/finance, a proven track record in media relations and client relationship management and excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. A demonstrated interest and understanding of the investment and financial sector is preferred. Strong technical skills across a range of applications (excel, powerpoint etc) a plus. We look for team players who are hard working and highly organised.
Honner is Australia’s largest communications agency specialising in the corporate and financial services sector. Our award-winning team of over 20 professionals provides PR, communications and marketing support to a range of local and global organisations including some of Australia’s and the world’s leading financial and emerging fintech brands.
We employ ambitious people with financial smarts who have solid PR and communications experience. We provide structured mentoring and invest heavily in training and development of all our staff. We are also a member of a number of three prestigious global agency networks – allowing us to offer short term training secondments with our agency partners in London, Hong Kong and New York.
This is a fast-paced, varied role with specific responsibilities to include:
- Work with major blue-chip brands to build and execute integrated PR, marketing and communications programs and campaigns
- Write and produce content for media, social channels, direct and internal communications
- Build and maintain relationships with your portfolio of clients and media contacts
- Manage emerging and potential client issues
- Deliver creative solutions and new ideas to clients across traditional and digital media
- Manage a small team of junior account staff (senior role)
- Contribute to new business proposal and pitches