Public Relations Account Director
We are a fast-growing agency seeking energetic, results-oriented communications professionals to join our Sydney team. This is an interesting senior role with an award-wining independent corporate and financial services PR agency. An autonomous role working with blue chip Australian and global clients.
You will be a polished professional with impeccable written and verbal communications skills.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic, results-driven communications practitioner with minimum 8 years’ experience to join our growing Sydney team. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing advice to senior stakeholders within corporate and financial services organisations, proven ability to develop communications strategies that drive business goals, a track record in delivering projects and managing client relationships, together with people management experience.
Preferred candidates will have prior experience at a PR consultancy, preferably with financial, corporate, or technology PR experience. However – we think flexibly – candidates who have worked in-house in external and internal communications, and marketing teams will be considered, as will journalists.
While the role is hands-on in driving PR programs and delivering results for clients, you will also be contributing to developing best-practice standards across the agency, as well as helping drive new business growth. Specific requirements include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably with deep experience working in a communications consultancy, in-house communications, press office or fast-paced media environment.
- Ability to lead and manage client service teams including providing senior strategic communications counsel and issues management guidance, as well as oversee strategy development. Strong communication and client interaction skills are essential.
- Able to contribute to new business opportunities, either through building existing client relationships or sourcing and pitching.
- Foster the growth and development of team members.
- A strong interest and / or understanding of finance and / or financial markets is preferred.
This is a fast-paced and varied role ideally suited to a senior communications professional looking to take on a new challenge in an autonomous role.
What we offer
- Highly competitive salary package.
- Flexible working environment.
- Up to 24 days annual leave + option for additional personal leave.
- A structured mentoring program ensuring your career continues to move forward.
- A strong agency training program offering a combination of in-house and external trainers, together with training allowances.
- Opportunity to work with our global agency partners and the potential for international secondments.
- Experience working across some of the world’s leading brands including local and global banks, asset managers, crypto providers, blockchain players, fintechs, hedge funds, ESG specialists, super funds and more.
- A fun, friendly and experienced team offering the opportunity to fast track your career as a financial tech expert.
- Great work life balance
An award winning agency, Honner is Australia’s leading independent PR, marketing and content agency specialising in financial services, fintech and corporate clients. We work with a wide range of global brands with reach across the APAC region.
If you would like to explore this opportunity further, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org