What we are looking for
Based in the Sydney CBD, we are currently seeking an experienced Public Relations Account Director.
We are looking for an energetic, results-driven communications practitioner with minimum 8 years’ experience to join our growing Sydney team. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing advice to senior stakeholders within corporate and financial services organisations, proven ability to develop communications strategies that drive business goals, a track record in delivering projects and managing client relationships, together with people management experience.
Preferred candidates will have prior experience at a PR consultancy, preferably with financial, corporate, or technology PR experience. However – we think flexibly – candidates who have worked in-house in external and internal communications, and marketing teams will be considered, as will journalists.
While the role is hands-on in driving PR programs and delivering results for clients, you will also be contributing to developing best-practice standards across the agency, as well as helping drive new business growth. Specific requirements include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably with deep experience working in a communications consultancy, in-house communications, press office or fast-paced media environment.
- Ability to lead and manage client service teams including providing senior strategic communications counsel and issues management guidance, as well as oversee strategy development. Strong communication and client interaction skills are essential.
- Able to contribute to new business opportunities, either through building existing client relationships or sourcing and pitching.
- Foster the growth and development of team members.
- A strong interest and / or understanding of finance and / or financial markets is preferred.
What we offer
An opportunity to work in an award-winning team providing PR communications and marketing support to a range of high-profile local and global organisations including banks, investment managers, superannuation funds, industry associations and fintechs.
We have been in business for almost two decades, growing rapidly in recent years, buoyed by the expansion of the financial sector as well as our strong reputation for doing high-quality work.
At Honner we offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment with attractive remuneration and benefits. We provide a flexible working environment with a strong focus on work-life balance.