This is an exciting opportunity for a recent finance or PR / communications graduate (or someone in their final semester) who wants to use their creative communications skills in a blue-chip business environment.
Honner is Australia’s largest communications agency specialising in corporate and financial services. Our award-winning team provides PR, communications and marketing support to a range of local and global organisations including banks, fund managers and fintech’s.
We employ young people with financial smarts who also like writing and digital communications – and dealing with people! We provide structured mentoring and training and are also a member of a number of prestigious global agency networks – allowing us to offer short term training secondments with our agency partners in London, Hong Kong and New York.
We are currently seeking a smart, ambitious person for our latest graduate intake. To be based in our Sydney office, the position will allow the right candidate to launch their communications career while gaining broad insights into the workings of some of Australia’s and the world’s leading corporate and financial brands.
This is a fast-paced and varied role where you will support a busy account team and work across a portfolio of brands.
Your duties will include writing of media releases, liaising with journalists and clients, managing social media channels, reporting and measuring of campaigns, media monitoring and managing various databases. For ambitious young professionals, there is room to quickly grow, progress and take on more responsibility.
Who we are looking for:
- Final year communications / finance grad who can demonstrate a clear interest, passion or exposure to finance / commerce
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Passion for media and communications – knowledge of social media platforms and their use in a business context
- Creative, lateral thinker
- Team player who is hard working and highly organised
- Strong technical skills across a range of applications (excel, powerpoint etc) a plus